Muc-Off Stealth Tubeless Puncture Plug Repair Kit - Yellow Gold
When a puncture strikes just too big and gnarly to seal, the Muc-Off Stealth Tubeless Puncture Plug ultimate backup tool that’s cleverly stored inside your bar ends! The expanding silica plugs included cover most MTB, road and gravel handle bar sizes and the premium CNC Machined Aluminium bar ends are available in 10 anodised colours to match your ride.
Each light weight and durable set contains everything you need to get back riding when you’re stuck battling a hole that’s just not sealing: a stanless steel 2-in-1 puncture plug reamer tool, a variety of different sized tyre worms and a trimming knife.
WARNING: Keep out of reach of children. The knife has very SHARP EDGES so use with caution. For Road tyres we strongly recommend replacing your plugged tyre once it’s safe to do so, particularly if you want to use with high psi!
- CNC Machined from 6061 Aluminium. Anodised in 10 colour options.
- Expanding silica plug fits most MTB, Gravel & Road Handlebars with a larger than 17mm inside diameter. Supplied with 17mm, 19mm and 21mm silica plugs to fit different handlebar diameters
- Screws into bars using a just a 4mm Allen key
- Supplied as a pair:
- 1 x Stainless steel 2-in-1 puncture plug/reamer tool
- 1 x knife trimming tool
- Supplied with 5 x thin tyre worms 5 x medium tyre worms & 5 x thick tyre worms
- Plugs and Repairs multiple holes that won’t seal with just sealant
- Compatible with all tubeless MTB, Gravel & Road tyres
- Compatible with all open-end grips and drops bars.
- Dimensions 89 x 27 x 27mm
- Weight: 33g per side (excluding tyre worms)
- Available in 10 anodised colours to match your Muc-Off tubeless valves
How To Fit:
1. Remove all parts from packaging and unscrew over caps
2. You can pre-load the puncture plug tool by pinching one end and threading through the gap at end of tool so you are ready for the fastest possible repair on the move.
3. Cut your tyre worm sheets into required quantities for storage on the move:
4. Store 3-4 additional tyre worms inside puncture plug tool cap as spares.
5. Remove your existing bar end from your handlebars.
6. Select the appropriate silica plug. We offer 3 sizes for different bar sizes. The 19mm is fitted to the tool. Check this size inside your bars first and replace with smaller 17mm or larger 21mm as required. (Most MTB’s will require the 17 or 19mm size and most Road/Gravel drop bars will require the 21mm size.)
7. Make sure over caps are screwed back on then insert tool into either side of the bar. You can choose which side each tool goes into.
8. Tighten with 4mm Allen key until silica plug expands and you feel the tool is secure inside your bar. Warning: don’t overtighten! (Max 1 Nm)
9. Now go ride!
How To Use On A Puncture:
1. Identify the source of the puncture and remove the debris or puncture source
2. Remove the tool from your bars using a 4mm Allen key. (If tool is pre-loaded skip to step 5) Start by using the integrated knurled reamer on the tool to clean and roughen up the hole to ensure a perfect seal.
3. If the puncture requires the medium or larger worms then ream the hole several times with the knurled area of the tool, make sure you use a 45 degree angle and follow the direction of the tyre to ensure you don’t damage your tubeless tape or the tyre wall!
4. Now Grab a tyre worm (you may need to use the tool to help slide out the worms). The largest size is for MTB tyres the medium for gravel tyres and the small for road tyres, but you can select the best one for your sized hole. Now pinch one end of the worm hard between your fingers to flatten it out. (If using the thin worm thread through the tip at the end of the tool, not the main larger slot)
5. Thread through gap at the end of the tool so the worm is now sitting centrally on the tool.
6. Locate the puncture hole then insert the tool through the hole (at a 45 degree angle and follow the direction of the tyre to ensure you don’t damage your tubeless tape or the tyre wall!) until the worm is around halfway through the tyre. Ensure the ends of the worm remain on the outside of the tire.
7. Turning the tool slowly clockwise a few revolutions to twist the worm inside the tire and slowly pull up to remove – leaving the worm in your tyre and the hole plugged.
8. Re-inflate tyre to your desired pressure. (we recommend a max of 80 PSI on a road bike!)
9. Finally, using the knife carefully trim the worm ends. We suggest standing on the non-drive side of your bike and cutting away from the bike. Trim plugs down so there is a minimum of 3-5mm still sticking out of the tyre. (Caution – this is one sharp knife so please use with care and always cut away from your body and not too close to your fingers!!
10. Now you’re ready to roll!
At Blok 51 we take great pride in the speed of our dispatch and delivery times. We try our best to dispatch your orders the same day you order where possible. To ensure the best chance of your item being dispatched the same day we advise getting your order to us before 12pm (noon). We also offer a selection of shipping options to ensure you get the service you need.
You can even collect your order from the Blok 51 shop if you like. Just select ‘Collect In Store’ at the shipping options and we’ll contact you as soon as your order is ready.
All deliveries are tracked meaning you won’t have to worry about your parcel going missing.
The vast majority of our deliveries to the UK and Ireland only take 1-2 days so you don’t have to wait too long to get your hands on all your favourite detailing and valeting products.