Muc-Off Secure Tracking Tag Holder for Airtags - Black
The Muc-Off Secure Tag Holder offers a secure way to install a tracker to your bicycle frame using the bottle cage mounting holes, so you can track down your bike down in the event of theft and can locate it. Your tracker will be housed in a machined aircraft grade 6061 aluminium body, that’s supplied with T25 security bolts and a security key for an extra level of protection against theft.
Bike thieves can get lost, then found again! Protect your pride and joy with the Muc-Off Tag Holder. Take a closer look as our in-house mechanic and guru, Chopper, takes you through how to assemble the secure tag holder underneath your bottle cage, and why this is a must-have essential to keep your ride tracked and ready to retrieve.
Designed to track your bike down in the event of theft from a long range. At closer range activate the built-in AirTag speaker to help you better locate the tracker and your bike.
- Compatible with Apple AirTags (purchased seperately)
- Fits securely under your bottle cage
- Supplied with 2x T25 security 25mm bolts and 1x security key
- Non-rattle design to hold tracker securely in place
- Tracking device not included with mount!
HOW TO FIT THE SECURE TAG HOLDER
- Unscrew the base plate using a 3mm hex key on the two bolts.
- Ensure the tracker is connected to your tracking app then place into the body recess with the battery cover facing down towards the base plate.
- Reinstall and tighten base plate screws until there is no movement in the base plate or tracker inside. Caution - Do not over tighten base plate screws.
- If you are using with a bottle cage, remove your bottle cage and existing screws.
- Using the security key supplied, line up the Secure Tag Holder with your bottle cage holes then place the bottle cage on top.
- Place security Torx bolts through each hole in the top of the bottle cage then through Secure Tag Holder and thread into place. (Always apply our Bio Grease to the bolts threads and follow your frame manufacturer’s recommended torque setting for tightening the bottle cage bolts.)
- Tighten until bottle cage and Secure Tag Holder is secure.
- Go Ride! NB: Periodically spray a protectant such as HCB-1, MO-94 or Bike Protect onto the body and screws to ensure there is zero corrosion.
- Muc-Off Ltd and any of its group/connected companies are not liable for any loss of property or theft in relation to the use of this product. We recommend you use a high-quality lock when leaving your bike unattended or in your garage or home.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the secure tag holder block the signal of the tracker housed inside?
The secure tag holder is designed to track your bike down in the event of theft from a long range (which is what you need to track down your bike) however at closer range (i.e within 5 meters) it may have a reduced signal range. If you experience this you can activate the built in speaker to help you better locate the tracker and your bike.
Will the secure tag holder work with all bottle cages?
The Secure Tag Holder is compatible with most standard bottle cages using a 64mm spacing. Unfortunately the Secure Tag Holder is not compatible with the latest YT frames due to the bottle mount points being to close together. We recommend checking you have a standard bottle cage using a 64mm spacing before purchase.
How much does the Secure Tag Holder weigh?
Secure Tag Holder weighs 22g without AirTag and 33.6g with AirTag fitted. (Security Torx screws excluded).
Is Secure Tag Holder waterproof?
No it is not fully waterproof however the AirTags being placed inside are IP67 standard meaning they are water resistant
Will Secure Tag Holder work with other tracking devices?
Unfortunately not. We have designed Secure Tag holder to fit the AirTag specifically. We are looking into other devices though for both Bicycles and Motorcycles, which will work with Apple and other devices.
How is this product sustainable?
The product is designed to last a life time of use. At the end of it’s life, aluminium can be recycled. Packaging is all card which can also be recycled easily.
At Blok 51 we take great pride in the speed of our dispatch and delivery times. We try our best to dispatch your orders the same day you order where possible. To ensure the best chance of your item being dispatched the same day we advise getting your order to us before 12pm (noon). We also offer a selection of shipping options to ensure you get the service you need.
You can even collect your order from the Blok 51 shop if you like. Just select ‘Collect In Store’ at the shipping options and we’ll contact you as soon as your order is ready.
All deliveries are tracked meaning you won’t have to worry about your parcel going missing.
The vast majority of our deliveries to the UK and Ireland only take 1-2 days so you don’t have to wait too long to get your hands on all your favourite detailing and valeting products.